My YOUTUBE video of TOKYO
Sumida is one of the 23 special wards of Tokyo, Japan. It calls itself Sumida City in English.
As of 2008, the ward has an estimated population of 240,296 and a density of 17,480 persons per km². The total area is 13.75 km².
Sumida maintains sister-city relationships with Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea; and with Shijingshan District, Beijing, People's Republic of China.
• Tokyo Sky Tree - NHK and other broadcasters have proposed a new tower, which, when completed, will be the tallest freestanding tower in the world and the tallest man-made structure in Japan. It is currently scheduled for completion in 2011, when all of Japan will have switched to digital terrestrial television.
• Ryōgoku Kokugikan (National Sumo Stadium)
• Edo-Tokyo Museum
• Asahi Breweries Headquarters: The Asahi Beer Hall with the Asahi flame created by French designer Philippe Starck in 1989, is one of Tokyo's most recognizable modern structures.
• Eko-in, Buddhist temple
• Honjo Matsuzaka-cho Park: the residence of Kira Yoshinaka stood on this site. The Forty-seven Ronin took his life during the Genroku era.
• Hokusai-dori (street), with a series of prints by famed Japanese artist Hokusai who was born in the Kamezawa area of Sumida.
• Tobu Museum
• Tokyo Irei-do (Tokyo Memorial Hall): a memorial to those unidentified people who died in the Great Kantō Earthquake, the Bombing of Tokyo in World War II and other catastrophes